STRUCTURAL COLLAPSE RESCUE
OPERATIONS/TECHNICIAN LEVEL PD3270
0900-1800 (80 HRS) No Saturday or Sunday
LL000190 39AB May 6-17, 2013 (CLASS IS FILLED-WILL TAKE NAMES FOR WAITLIST)
FAX COMPLETED REGISTRATION APPLICATION TO 754.321.1302
BRING COMPLETED REGISTRATION APPLICATION TO THE BROWARD FIRE ACADEMY, M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
This 80 hour course is designed to provide the emergency response personnel the skills and techniques necessary to operate safely and effectively regarding structural collapse incidents involving the collapse of failure of prestressed, post-tensioned, tilt-up concrete, reinforced concrete and steel construction. Classroom and practical field exercises will better prepare the student in the use of advanced rescue skills to access and remove patients from building collapses and confined locations. This course meets or exceeds the general requirements of NFPA 1670 Standard on Operations and Training for Technical Rescue Incidents and NFPA 1006 Professional Qualifications for Structural Collapse Technician Level.
This is a physical and mentally demanding program that emphasizes safety, teamwork, and scene management. Performances of all required skills and objectives are necessary in order to receive a certificate of completion.
This program will address:
- Building Construction Types and Characteristics
- Structural Hazard Identification and Evaluation
- Extrication operations involving locating, packaging, treating and removing victims
- Stabilizing and shoring structures, including the use of vertical, horizontal and pneumatic shoring systems
- Heavy rigging, lifting and moving, including crane operations
- Oxy-Acetylene, Petrogen and exothermic cutting and burning
- Air Lift Bag Techniques and Operations
- Search Equipment Techniques and Operations
All equipment is provided. Students are required to provide their own helmets, gloves, steel toe boots and safety glasses. Personal equiment must comply with NFPA and ANSI.
Students are required to provide their own NFPA/ANSI compliant helmets, gloves, steel toe boots and safety glasses.
TEXT: FEMA National Urban Search & Rescue Response System, Structural Collapse Technician Manual 2007 Edition (Provided)
CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED TO 24 APPLICANTS
*Fees subject to change without notice