FIRE UNIFORM AND EQUIPMENT INFORMATION
- Students are required to wear a uniform for all lectures, practical and physical training
- BFA EMT/FIRE (Class A) embroidered polo shirt** ($17.38*)
- BFA student physical training navy shirt**($8.42*) and shorts** ($11.69*)
- navy blue Dickies
- black leather boots (any height or style i.e. Hitech, Magnum etc...)
- physical training shoes (sneakers)
- black leather belt with plain standard buckle
- McFatter issued student ID badge**
- bunker coat
- bunker pants
- helmet with full face shield
- nomex hood
- bunker boots
- heavy duty firefighter gloves
- heavy duty bunker gear bag
Please go to: Resource link, Equipment Suppliers for additional gear information.
The Broward Fire Academy, McFatter Technical Center and The School Board of Broward County does NOT endorse any of these vendors. You may use other vendors to meet your needs.
GEAR MUST BE: N.F.P.A. 1971: Standard on protective ensembles for structural firefighting gear current edition 2007, approved on August 17, 2006.
- Essential of Fire Fighting with Workbook** ($169.78*)
- Webroms Wildland Firefighter** (91.50*)
*FEES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
**Items may be purchased at McFatter Technical Center Bookstore, 6500 Nova Drive, Davie, Florida 33317. Bookstore hours are: Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.