754.321.5804 or 754.321.5738
HOW TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID 2012-2013
All students seeking financial assistance at McFatter Technical Center must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The recommended way to complete the FAFSA is on the web.
- Apply for PIN # at www.pin.ed.gov. You will receive a four-digit PIN by either email or by regular mail.
- Collect the necessary financial documents needed to complete the FAFSA application: IRS federal income tax returns for you, your spouse or parent (s).
- Complete the 2012-2013 FAFSA Application online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The federal school code is 030036.
- Be sure to click "Run Final Check".
- Click "Submit FAFSA Now". Always print a copy of the confirmation page for your records.
- The calculated FAFSA will be available for review in approximately three (3) business days.
- If you have a Bachelor's Degree or higher, you are not eligible for financial aid.
Please bring the following documentation with you when you visit the Office of Financial Services at McFatter Technical Center:
- Independent Students: A signed 2010 Federal IRS Tax Transcript is required for those who are single or married at the time of completing the FAFSA application. You will need the IRS form 4506-T which can be found on www.irs.gov or by calling 1.800.829.1040 or 1.800.908.9946.
- Dependent Students: A signed 2010 Federal IRS Tax Transcript is required, as well as a parent(s)' tax transcript. A dependent student that has not filed a 2010 IRS Tax Return, but has earned wages, will need to present an IRS Tax Transcript which shows the non-filing status and a Summary of Wages which shows the amount of income earned.
- Non-Tax Filers: Call the IRS Office at 1.800.829.1040 and request a free copy of a tax transcript and summary of wages to prove your non-filing status.
- High School Diploma Requirements: If your diploma is from out of state, or the State of Florida, or you have graduated from a Broward County High School over five years ago, be prepared to show a copy of your high school diploma and provide an official sealed transcript. If you have graduated from a Broward County High School within the last five years, only your high school diploma is necessary. A student who has earned a GED, needs to present a certified copy and a copy of the test scores.