HOW TO GET STARTED
- Schedule to take the TABE test at McFatter Technical College, registration cost is $10.00 and registration hours are Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.. Registration and TABE testing location: McFatter Technical College is located at 6500 Nova Drive, Davie Florida 33317. (students who have earned a college diploma from a regionally accredited institution or had entered a Broward County Public High School in 2003-2004 are exempt from the TABE and should schedule an appointment with Jason Friedman, Fire Academy Program Advisor by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org. (If you graduated from a public school outside of Broward County you must have a transcript from that school)
- Take the TABE test.
- Schedule an appointment with Jason Friedman, Fire Academy Program Advisor by emailing him at email@example.com approximately 24-48 hours after testing. At your scheduled appointment, TABE scores will be reviewed and the EMT required paper work will be discussed.
- BRING the following documents to your meeting:
- high school diploma (original) and copy
- college diploma (original) and copy (if applicable)
- driver's license (orignal) and copy
- vehicle insurance card (original) and copy
- health insurance card (original) and copy*
- $27.00 for drug screening registration ( Mastercard, Visa or Money Order)
- marriage certificate (original) and copy (if name has changed) or legal name change documents (original) and copy
- Email Jason Friedman, Program Advisor, by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to go over your completed paper work and to register.
- Purchase required uniform, books, and supplies
*Health insurance—if you do not have health insurance at this time, we will discuss some options when we meet.