WELCOME TO THE BROWARD FIRE ACADEMY
FIREFIGHTER I & II MINIMUM STANDARDS PROGRAM
Congratulations on completing the registration process for our firefighter program. At this time you will need to complete the following requirements:
- Phase I: - Submit your certification application at www.floridastatefirecollege.org Please use your social security number when you create or update your profile. Write down your login and password and keep them in a safe place, you will be using it in class to pay for your $30 certification fee.
- Phase II: - Acquire your fingerprint appointment
At www.PearsonVue.com select Book Digital Fingerprinting Appointments (this tab is located on the left side of screen). Select Florida Bureau of Fire Standards Training-Fire Service Certifications.
- Phase III: - Schedule to have your fingerprints taken.
Click on Fingerprint Reservation.
Follow the directions on screen to complete. DO NOT USE THE UPS STORE FOR FINGERPRINTS, ONLY PEARSON VUE TEST CENTERS.
- Make sure that you keep this appointment. Once you have completed your fingerprint appointment PearsonVue will give you a receipt, KEEP a copy of this receipt for your records. You MUST submit your fingerprint receipt on the FIRST DAY OF CLASS. RECEIPT WILL HAVE A CHECK NEXT TO BUREAU OF FIRE STANDARDS AND TRAINING.
- You MUST obtain gear at this time. To assist you in this process we have provided a list of suppliers. This list is provided for your convenience only and you may use these vendors or any vendor of your choice. Go to the Broward Fire Academy Resource Link, Equipment Suppliers. The Broward Fire Academy, McFatter Technical Center, or The School Board of Broward County Public Schools does NOT endorse any vendor. You MUST bring your required gear for inspection the first day of class.
- BUNKER COAT
- BUNKER PANTS
- HELMET WITH FULL FACE SHIELD (YELLOW or BLACK)
- NOMEX HOOD
- BUNKER BOOTS
- HEAVY DUTY FIREFIGHTER GLOVES
- HEAVY DUTY BUNKER BAG
GEAR MUST BE: NFPA 1971, Standard on protective ensembles for structrual firefighting gear current edition 2007, approved on August 17, 2006.
- Go to the McFatter Technical Center Book Store at 6500 Nova Drive, Davie, Florida 33314, phone 754.321.5825. You will need to bring your copy of your Broward County Public Schools WORKFORCE EDUCATION STUDENT SCHEDULE/RECEIPT that you received at registration to obtain your Student ID Badge. While at the bookstore you should purchase your gray dress shirts (class A uniform), your physical training uniform (navy t-shirt & navy shorts) and the required books. Go to the Broward Fire Academy, Fire Academy, Fire Uniform and Equipment Information link for more information.
- To complete your uniform requirements you will need to have: navy blue pants (plain work pants or Dickie) black belt, black shoes and physical training shoes (sneakers).
FIRST DAY REQUIREMENTS:
- Wear your class A uniform (gray shirt & navy blue pants), black shoes, black belt and Student ID Badge
- Bring your books, gear, physical training uniform and physical training shoes
- Bring your PearsonVue (digital fingerprint) Receipt